Entrepreneur Training How to Make a Killer Custom Facebook Fan Page
Facebook provides incredible opportunities for customization of pages. Pages functional widens through the application Fan Page Engine. You can adjust the page in the way you need by means of applications. For instance, it’s possible to adjust the translation from Twitter or RSS. However, there is the tool which enables us to create a page with its own design. This opportunity is really fabulous, isn’t it?
Pages are created by means of modified version of HTML – FBML (Facebook Markup Language Fundamentals). Though, all you need for a simple page creation are pictures, links and tables.
One may think that a page is a more advanced realization of a group. In most cases this supposition holds true, but it’s not always like that. Users are often disappointed by their inability to send personal messages to group members. The information from a group wall is not reflected in a user bulletin. Everything is vice versa as for the pages. The information placed on the wall by page administrator is reflected in a bulletin; however, the visitors do not always read it. It’s quite unfair, isn’t it?
Follow the link – http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php, then enter the title, specify the categories and create a page just by making one click. Unlike in groups, pages are adjusted after being created.
It’s very important to mention that it will be impossible to change page name. You can change page address only on condition that the group has 25 fans – http://www.facebook.com/username/
Let’s try to create promo sub-page with links to the other social networks and services. This page will be shown by default to each person who visits your homepage in Facebook for the first time or to each unregistered user.
Open the page of FBML application in your Facebook page and click “Add to my webpage” button:
- Select the page you want to add the application to and click “Add to webpage” button;
- Add new inlay FBML;
- Enter your webpage and click “Edit the page” button;
- Then find the chapter FMML and click “Edit”;
- Insert HTML code which has been already prepared. You can change the page title. Facebook for FBML is a special tool which is able to show how the page may look without the installation of FBML application;
- The final step is to make our page accessible for everyone by using Settings;
- After all, the page is ready!
Now, let’s pay special attention to Facebook page important features, which should be taken into consideration for the purposes of marketing.
- Unregistered Facebook users have access to the pages; it may become necessary for webpage promotion beyond Facebook. The same can hardly be said about groups. Pages are indexed by search engines.
- According to Facebook rules, the page can be created as representation of the organization, firm, celebrity or musical group, therefore it must be created by the official representative of the organization only.
- Adding information manually is undoubtedly a good thing, however, a user may think about the opportunity to have new information automatically placed on his Facebook page without the user’s direct participation.
Another webpage difference lies in the fact that it can receive the translation of RSS-feed from the website. For this reason most users create a page in addition to the group. RSS Graffiti application should be used for automatic publication of your website materials on Facebook page.
If necessary, you can translate your messages to Twitter on Facebook page by ticking «Facebook Page» field and selecting the appropriate page in «Select Page» dropdown list.
Facebook page is created and the next step you should take is to attract the visitors to it. There are two ways of realizing this purpose. You can either place a group of friends on your website and offer your friends the newly created page, or you can setup a Facebook pay per click campaign.
P.S.! Here is an example of an Custom Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/UpcomingEntrepreneurs
To your success
Professional Internet Marketing Coach